As you embark on your GRE journey in 2020, it is important that you arm yourself with the best GRE Prep book. A good choice of a GRE prep book will be your best companion as you get enrolment in the university or college. GRE can be challenging especially when you are doing it for the first time.
GRE takes a lot of a student’s time, so it would be quite unfortunate if you landed on a book that is unworthy. The book will barely meet your needs yet you will have spent a lot of time reading it. You are likely to come across such books as you look for a GRE prep book that will suit your needs.
Choosing the right GRE Prep book, however, depends on factors such as your course, the kind of skills you may be looking forward to acquiring, your ability to analyze the content in the book and also your goal scores. Choosing the GRE prep book may, therefore, require you to be keen enough rest you purchase a book that is beyond your capability.
Do not despair when we are here to help. Let us give you a little guidance on the best GRE Prep books you can choose from and be sure to excel in GRE. You can be sure to excel in 2020 and even beyond.
Top 5 GRE Prep Books To Purchase in 2020
1.ETS Official GRE Super Power Pack
Practice exams are the most crucial part of your education journey. You need the best books to be able to excel, especially when it is a GRE exam. ETS GRE super power pack is the best when it comes to the preparation of a GRE examination. This is because it has lengthy practice tests that are prepared by a team of ETS experts. As a student, you will, therefore, be able to go through the questions before the real ETS exam. The tests will give you an insight into the types of questions you are likely to encounter during the exam. The best thing about this book is that it features questions in all Prep books. The book is also cheap as compared to the knowledge you will gather from it.
2.Manhattan Prep 5 Lb Book of GRE Practice Problems
Manhattan Prep 5 Lb Book of GRE Practice Problems is the perfect GRE book. Despite its weight, students from all GRE levels can use it. The Difficulty of the questions in it depends on a student’s level. This means that as you go through all the levels, the level of the questions also becomes more complex.
All the practice questions in this book are also followed by detailed answers and analysis. The best thing about this book is that there are more resources online that is accessible to every GRE student. They can, therefore, go through the questions which they find difficult and get an insight on how to answer them in case they encounter them during the main exam.
Through Manhattan Preps 5 Lb Book of GRE Practice Problems, you are able to get access to resources such as a GRE questions bank and an online introduction of the GRE which is also very resourceful.
3.Manhattan Prep GRE Strategy Guides
Any student who would want to have an insight on all the topics covered in GRE should consider purchasing a Manhattan Prep GRE Strategy Guide. This is a book that they can be sure of a great learning experience as they will be able to grow their skills and knowledge they need to do well in their examinations.
Manhattans gives a deep explanation as well as give tips on what the students need to do in order for them to get the answers correctly. This enables the students to understand the test questions perfectly since they are related to the content you have already learned about.
You will find book sets such as decimals and percentages, comprehension reading, a guide for data interpretation, algebra as well as fractions. The best thing about it is that you can access all that information in one book. You do not have to purchase a single book for each subject. Any student waiting to sit for their exams can use this book as a tool to raise their scores.
4.Barron’s Essential Words for the GRE
Every student needs to have a great grip on their vocabulary in order for them to do well in their GRE exam. You need to learn the vocabulary and apply it analytically in your exam. Knowing the meaning of some words is not enough. You should be in a position to apply them in the exam context for you to excel in it.
Barron’s Essential Words for the GRE is the best book for anyone struggling with usage of vocabulary. It will enable you to build your vocabulary and its usage. The aim of the book is to strengthen one’s vocabulary even as it becomes tougher as you advance to higher education levels.
The introduction part of Barron’s Essential Words for the GRE contains the most common vocabularies and their meaning. It is then followed by simple sentences and practice questions. The questions give the student a little insight into how they should answer questions on vocabulary.
The best thing about Barron’s Essential Words book is that it has pre-tests that enable you to be able to assess your knowledge of vocabulary students’ use in GRE. The book also gives an explanation for each vocabulary which enables you to have a better understanding of the vocabulary.
5.Kaplan’s GRE Prep Plus 2020
This is the book to purchase for all your GRE needs. It is a book that provides the reader with sample GRE questions together with their explanations. Its chapters are detailed and contain practice questions that will be useful to you when answering exam questions.
A student is able to access more than 500 questions. They are also able to handle one mock exam and an online one which enables them to understand how ETS questions should be answered. A student is therefore in a position to test their skills in GRE through different questions that are of different levels.
Kaplan’s GRE Prep Plus has online sources such which include timed practice problem sets and also video lessons which you get from the Kaplan’s instructors. They give you tips and strategies that you can use when undertaking tests.
It is through Kaplan’s GRE Prep Plus that you will access your skills which will enable you to discover your strengths and weaknesses. Once you discover them, you will be able to work on them and ensure success in your GRE exams.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best GRE Prep Book
- A number of Practice Tests: GRE prep book without practice questions is just a shell. Students need a book that can feed them with tips and strategies for answering questions. The questions enable students to evaluate their progress. It is therefore important for one to purchase a book that has at least two tests. It should also have online practice examinations. This will enable them to excel in GRE since they have tips on answering the questions correctly.
- The Quality and Quantity of Practice Questions: Students need to go through many questions as they prepare for exams. The quality of the questions will determine the student’s success. The quality of questions, therefore, needs to match with the pattern used when setting the real exam. One should also ensure that they get a book with 2000 practice questions and more.
- Layout: Students will have an easy time preparing for their examination depending on the presentation of content in a book. Grab a book that breaks down its sections into subsections. It will help you understand the concepts with ease.
- Test Taking Strategies: It is easier for a student to succeed when revising with a GRE prep book that provides them with strategies of test-taking.
- Pricing: There are many factors that you need to consider when choosing a perfect GRE prep book. One of them being pricing. A GRE prep book with high-quality content can never be too expensive for someone who wants to succeed. A good GRE book should cost between $50 to $ 80 dollars.
- Explanation of Questions: It would be a waste of time purchasing a book whose questions have not been answered comprehensively. It would be important to ensure that you go for a book whose questions have answers and also tips and strategies for answering them. This will enable you to be able to grab the concept well.
All GRE books do not have the same quality of content. The delivery of their contact is also different. Some GRE prep books make use of flashcards and practice tests which students use in preparation for their exams which they undertake in different stages. On the other hand, GRE courses are normally paperless. Such courses provide its contents through the available digital channels.
The GRE prep books above are the best. They have all the information you may need. Students around the world rely on it when preparing for their examinations. Our goal is to guide you in the selection of the best GRE prep book that will give you holistic experience even as you do a GRE preparation.
With the Top 5 GRE prep books, you are sure of success in your GRE journey. You will not only excel in your exam but also, help you grow. It is therefore important for you to be wise when choosing GRE prep books. This will enable you to be able to ace the exam with confidence and in return excel in it. Choosing the top five GRE prep books 2020 is equal to choosing success!