There are those days when you get home only to find a musty smell in your house or basement. This is not a good thing since your children if not you, could be having some allergies as a result of the dampness. If you are that person, you are in the right place. We will help you solve this problem by discussing the 5 best 70-pint dehumidifiers that you can use to keep your basement and house dry.
The best 70-pint dehumidifiers will not only keep your house dry but also, remove any humidity that may be in the air. It is the humidity in the air that makes your basement or house dump. You do not have anything to worry about since we analyzed the features of the best 70-pint dehumidifiers in the market in order to ensure that you get the one that will suit your family needs.
Through the features, you will be able to choose a model that you desire and that which will protect your family from mould and also mildew. Another thing we put into consideration is the dehumidifier dimensions which will fit into your space whether big or small. Let us have at them below:
Top 5 Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier – Best Picks 2020;
You will love this dehumidifier after going through its features. It comes with a pump that is inbuilt. The best thing about this pump is that you can connect it to the drainage system permanently. This will help in making sure that the emptying process is continuous. A permanent drainage system also helps in ensuring that the defrosting takes place automatically which in return ensures that there is no ice build-up.
Those who would not want to use continuous drainage can go for the water tank option. This water tank can hold 1.6 gallons which humidify for a long time without the need to empty it. One can, therefore, choose this option if they feel that it will still meet their needs.
Another great thing about the Frigidaire is that it is of high quality yet pocket-friendly. It comes with electric controls that are programmable making this dehumidifier very efficient. The humidifier has an option that allows you to set the humidity level of your preference. You can also be able to auto restart the switches on your unit even when there is a power outage.
Another great feature of this dehumidifier is the antibacterial filter. It protects you from airborne allergens. It also saves you a lot of money which you would have used in replacing the filters. They are washable so no need to change them. It is also portable so can be moved from one place to another with ease.
Anyone who wants a high-quality dehumidifier at the best price in the market should go for a Danby 70 pint humidifier. It has the best ratings in terms of effortless dehumidifying of your house as well as your basement. This is because of its automatic defrosting system which can withstand low temperatures and also prevents the coils from freezing.
With this dehumidifier, you will be able to remove around 70 moisture pints from your room within 24 hours. The moisture pints are then collected and put in a water tank which has a capacity of 1.6 gallons. You will be able to monitor the level of water through the clear window. The best thing about this dehumidifier is that in case you forget to empty it, the alarm will ring to alert you.
This dehumidifier does not have a drain pump. This means that you have to connect a hosepipe to an outlet that is normally at the back of this unit. You will then place the hosepipe near the drainage system to drain everything with ease. Another great thing about this dehumidifier is that it is easy to move around. This is because it has some caster wheels that move easily.
3.h0meLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier
Anyone who would want to have the best dehumidifier for their basement can go for h0meLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier. It is a dehumidifier that has a wide coverage and removes moisture at a very high rate. Its settings are also customizable making it easy to operate. Its tank can hold up to 1.6 gallons. The dehumidification takes place in a span of 24 hours. It will do so at 41 F to 95 F degrees Celsius.
The fact that it operates on such temperatures has given this dehumidifier a great rating. This is because of its ability to operate at very low temperatures. Another great feature about it is that it has an automatic defrosting system that protects this unit from any kind of freezing in the basement.
Another great thing is that it alerts you when the tank is full in order for you to empty it. Another thing is the auto shut off feature which helps you in saving energy and also protect your unit from getting damaged. It also has caster wheels that help you to be able to move the dehumidifier from one place to another. On the downside, this dehumidifier does not have a pump. It only has an outlet that enables you to drain it once full.
4.Ivation 70 Pint Dehumidifier
This dehumidifier is slightly different from the others. This is because its tank is much smaller and holds around 1.3 gallons. However, it is light in weight and comes with an inbuilt pump. The inbuilt pump is of great help since it drains itself so you do not have to do it yourself. Another benefit of the small-sized dehumidifier is that it can fit in a limited space in your basement.
It also comes with an option for you to connect the hose pipe even though you have to purchase it separately. The dehumidifier also comes with a timer that monitors the removal of moisture. There are also fun speeds which are adjustable. The best thing is that it is an energy saver.
Anyone who would want a dehumidifier that has a humidistat that is integrated, an auto defrost sensor an auto-restart function should go for Ivation 70 Pint Dehumidifier. You will be able to move it around through its four caster wheels.
Are you working on a budget? Keystone KSTAD70C should be your best pick. It is a dehumidifier that has a capacity to carry 1.6 gallons of moisture within 24 hours. It does not come with a built-in pump so you have to connect the hose pipe to drain everything continuously. You have to purchase the hose separately.
This dehumidifier comes with a timer function. This means that you can set it to dehumidify itself. Other great features include an auto shut off which helps to prevent water from overflowing even as it saves some energy. It also has an auto defrost system that prevents ice from building up on its coils.
Another great feature is that it comes with indicator lights. They will give you a notification that the water tank is full or when it needs some cleaning. You can reuse or wash the dust filter which means that you do not need to replace them every now and then. The dehumidifier will let out noise depending on the fan speed that you select.
Buying Guide: Features to Consider when Choosing the Best 70- Pint Dehumidifier
Before you purchase any dehumidifier, it is important that you consider some of the factors we have discussed below:
- The Coverage Area: This is the amount of space that the dehumidifier is going to occupy. You need to note that it requires enough space for it to remove the moisture in the air effectively. You need to make sure that you have enough space to keep your dehumidifier before you purchase it. The dehumidifiers come in specific sizes hence the need to go through them before you settle on a specific one.
- Pump: There are those dehumidifiers that come with built-in pipes and there are those that come separately. You can go for either which will depend on your budget. For those looking for efficiency, the built-in ones are more efficient.
- The capacity of the Water Tank: All dehumidifiers come with water tanks that vary in sizes. It is obvious that the bigger water tank will hold more water. The smaller one will still be good but you will need to keep emptying it every now and then. The best thing would to, therefore, go for a humidifier that has a big tank since it will make your work easier.
- Rate of Moisture Removal:
- This is the moisture that the dehumidifier is able to remove every 24 hours. You should go for the dehumidifier that has an ability to remove at least 70 pints of moisture within 24 hours.
- Its Settings, Speed, and Modes: It is important for you to ensure that the dehumidifier you choose has multiple modes and speeds. This will help in ensuring that you meet your dehumidification needs as well as saving some energy. You should also go for a fan with low speed in order for you to be able to regulate the amount of noise in that the dehumidifier releases.
- The Noise Level: No one wants a dehumidifier that makes too much noise. In as much as it is useful, you need to ensure that it makes minimal noise. The best thing would, therefore, be to go for a dehumidifier whose fun operates at low speed. This will ensure that it lets out minimal noise.
- Warranty: It is important for you to ensure that you check the duration of the dehumidifier’s warranty before you purchase it. This will give you a guarantee that if it turns out that the dehumidifier is faulty, you will get a replacement. This will help in eliminating the fear of losses that you may incur if you bought it and it refused to work.
Finding the best 70-pint dehumidifier may be a difficult task. However, with the above reviews, we are sure that you already have an insight into the dehumidifier to go for. This will depend a lot on the features you are looking for in one. It is important that you take your time to go through all the features before you settle for a specific one. Another thing you need to do is check on its price especially if you are working with a budget. You will still be able to find one that will meet your needs. The most important thing is to ensure that it is efficient and of high quality. When you look into all these, you will be sure to purchase a dehumidifier that will meet your needs.